Excerpt from CNU Journal (Insights)
How Can You Deal with Job Stress
By maintaining a good physical health and well-being, you can avoid a great deal of stress. Here are a few suggestions to help you maintain your “cool” and avoid positive attitude:
- Assess those things that you are incapable of changing. Be proactive. Focus on things that you can do something about.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Think about all the good things that you do everyday.
- Find pleasure in the simple things in your job.
- Don’t’ procrastinate. Does your least favorite task first, and then you can enjoy the rest of the day.
- Eat nutritious foods.
- Get plenty of sleep and rest.
- Exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, so participate in some form of exercise regularly.
- Don’t let stress build up. Vent your feelings to someone you can trust and slow down.
- Take time to relax each day and do something you enjoy.
- Doing something nice to someone else or saying something nice to someone else is another simple way to reduce stress.
True enjoyment comes from the ACTIVITY OF THE MIND and exercise of the body: The two are ever united.